Preparing For My 1st Line Chemotherapy, We'll Win As One!

I was not able to sleep the whole night. I am smiling, though my heart is aching. My heart wants to burst into tears. I choose to be a submissive wife of Tony and follow what he thinks could be the best for me. Romans 8:28 – And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.


Dealing with cancer can be one of the most time consuming and exhausting issues in one’s lifetime. Pandemic is another challenging issue. Side effects, expensive treatments, and the physical burdens can be a bit much for me and surely for anyone to manage, but that is where faith and spirituality can step in to offer a reprieve. I always pray to God that my family and loved ones know how all-encompassing it can be. I have so much time talking to God. I become closer to him more than ever. Hebrews 11:1 – Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.



We'll Win As One! 
My son is my eyes when I cannot see good thing. My husband is my feet when I cannot stand. He is my hands when I cannot use my hands. He is my eyes whenever I am sleeping. He is my nurse when my caregiver is not around. 
  • Ephesians 5:25-33: Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendour, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. In the same way, husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church.
My Doctor is a gift from God. He always finds funny things that make me feel healthy. He is always present to give a remedy when I am in trouble. 
  • Proverbs 17:22 - A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.


Preparing for chemotherapy:
  • First, you may be told to show up a couple of hours early to get rest and have checked your blood work report. This is to make sure you're able to get your chemotherapy treatment. Use the extra time to relax before you go to your chemotherapy infusion. Once you are cleared at the vitals, you will be taken to your chemotherapy station for your infusion. It can be a pain, but, believe me, it's in our best interest.
At FMAB PGH, you will have a TV, Internet access, a bed or a recliner and best of all warm blankets. They also have food service at lunch and dinner if you're hungry.

At FMAB PGH, you're allowed to have one caregiver with you, they will stay outside the room and nurses will certainly call them example "Company of patient Albar" this is when we have special needs to attend. 

Getting started with chemotherapy:
  • Once you're in the infusion room, the nurse will check your BP. 
  • Your Oncology doctor will send an order to the infusion room telling them what chemotherapy and pre-medications to administer. 
  • In the meantime, your nurse will access your "Power Port" or "Port a Cath," if you have one, or will just start an IV in your arm. 
  • Your nurse will begin with a saline solution through your IV. As soon as the medications are delivered, your nurse will hang the bags of medication on the IV stand and then start the different IVs.
  • You'll be given pre-medications first, then the chemotherapy. Some of the pre-medications may be steroids, anti-nausea medications and/or anxiety medications.
What does chemotherapy feel like?
  • The steroids may give you energy; the allergy drugs and maybe anti-anxiety drugs may make you sleepy. You must have a caregiver with you to get you to and from chemotherapy the first time, as you don't know how you'll feel after you're done.
  • The length of time for chemotherapy regimens can range from 2 to 6 or more hours. It all depends on the chemotherapy.
  • Throughout the chemotherapy, your nurse will come in and check your vitals and make sure you aren't reacting to the medications.
  • In the meantime, use your infusion time to relax, eat, whatever you want to do.
  • The IV stand will even roll with you in case you want to take a walk or sit outside.
  • After the chemotherapy is finished, the nurse will "flush" your IV line with saline and then de-access your port or take out your IV.
  • They may have you wait 30 minutes after the chemotherapy is done to make sure you don't have any reactions to the medications.
  • At that point, you can go home. Again, depending on your pre-medications and chemotherapy, you may have lots of energy or may feel very sleepy later in the day.


31 Bible Verses for Cancer Patients:

Matthew 10:30-31 – And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

Isaiah 41:10 – So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Proverbs 17:22 – A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

Psalms 62:6-8 – Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honour depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.

Exodus 14:14 – The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.

Proverbs 18:21 – The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.

Deuteronomy 31:6 …Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.

Jeremiah 29:11 – For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Psalms 55:22 – Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.

I Peter 5:7 – Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Isaiah 58:8-9 – Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard. Then you will call, and the Lord will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.

Malachi 4:2 – But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its rays. And you will go out and frolic like well-fed calves.

Psalms 138:3 – On the day I called, you answered me; my strength of soul you increased.

Romans 15:4 – For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.

Psalms 103:2-4 – Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits— who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion

Romans 8:28 – And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Matthew 11:28-29 – Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Psalms 33:20-22 – Our soul waits for the LORD; he is our help and our shield. For our heart is glad in him, because we trust in his holy name. Let your steadfast love, O LORD, be upon us, even as we hope in you.

Psalms 34:9 – Fear the Lord, you're his holy people, for those who fear him lack nothing.

Psalms 46:1-3 – God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.

Hebrews 11:1 – Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

Matthew 17:20 – “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”

James 1:3 – because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.

James 5:13-14 – Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord.

Hebrews 11:6 – And without faith, it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him

I Peter 1:21 – Through him, you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God.

I Peter 4:19 – So then, those who suffer according to God’s will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good.

Romans 10:17 – Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.

I Corinthians 2:4-5 – My message and my preaching was not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4 – Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we are comforted by God.

Philippians 4:8 – Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On My Way To Recovery After My Surgery!

Healing Prayer, Healing Doctor and Medical Healing Works Together!

1st Cycle Chemotherapy Treatment (1st Course) Prayers And Good Energy For A Vast Life-changing Experience!

How Radiation Treatment Cure Tumors And How My Faith Keeps Me In My Blue Ribbon Journey!

For Every Heart That Listens, There Is A Voice That Speaks!

Where There is Family, There is Love! Here, There, And Everywhere!

34th Chemo Treatment!

Live Day By Day, One At A Time!

November 30, 2021 Abdominal Wall and Liver CT Scan!

The Unveiling Of My Baby Hair!